Friday, February 18, 2011

The tipping point. . .

So I have been toying around with starting a blog for about the last year, but this week I reached the tipping point.  There are just too many crazy things that we do as parents and feel the need to share them (along with random musings on my life).

Last week, Will had surgery.  He was a champ and did great.  Whitney and I thought the worst was over, or at least did.  Then came the recovery.  The first day after surgery, Thursday, was okay, but it quickly went downhill from there.  Will refused to take his pain medication.  Then a Saturday night trip to ER was needed when the kidd-o spiked a fever.  Good news: no infection.  Bad news:  he still won't take his pain medication.  After a couple more sleepless nights, Monday morning came and we took him to his regular pediatrician.  The pediatrician found the culprit, a nasty ear infection, and prescribed some amoxicillin which Will has had before.  After a couple doses of wonderful modern medicine, he then broke out in a nasty rash.  The rash necessitated another trip to the pediatrician's.  Ugh.  Diagnosis:  Likely allergic reaction to amoxicillin.

Now this did not come as a complete shock to me because I am allergic to amoxicillin.  But after the week-and-a-half long saga of Will and doctors, I was just a little tapped out.  Now we have a prescription for a baby z-pack!  And Whitney and I are going out tonight!  Hopefully, this will be the happy ending we've all been waiting for. . . but you never know!

No comments:

Post a Comment