Tuesday, June 4, 2013

We Made It!

Well, despite a very stressful day we all managed to get through H's surgery!  It was a longer procedure than expected, but everything went very well.  We spent one night in the PICU and then two nights on the regular neurosurgery ward.  I'm so grateful and thankful for the wonderful nurses and doctors at A. I. duPont; they are truly amazing.

I'm also amazed by the incredible support we have received from our family and friends.  It really does take a village and we are lucky to be surrounded by such fantastic people.

H and I came home on Sunday and I feel like I've been trying to catch up on my sleep ever since then.  Of course it doesn't help when WW gets up at 5:15 am!

My running got put on a brief hiatus, but I'm hoping to start up again either today or tomorrow.  I'm also hoping that my training has not suffered too much.

My Dad has been in town since Friday.  He and WW have been having such a wonderful time!  I love that they are getting this time to bond and hang out.  It's funny because I can't tell who is wearing out whom more!

No comments:

Post a Comment